Its been a long time since my last post and I am really eager to share what I have been doing so far. So, recently I got this lucky onsite opportunity for visiting Sydney, Australia for official purposes. It is indeed quite an exciting moment when the client invites you to visit them In-person to talk about work as well as understanding each other. After accepting the invitation, the next logical step was to apply for Visa.
In my case, as a business visitor I had to apply for Visitor visa (subclass 600) under business visitor stream.
The Visitor visa (subclass 600) is for people who want to travel Australia as tourists, for business or to visit family. It is a temporary visa.
This visa has four streams:
- Tourist stream: for people travelling to Australia for a holiday, recreation or to visit family and friends. If you apply for this visa in Australia, you must be in Australia when the visa is decided. If you apply for this visa outside Australia, you must be outside Australia when the visa is decided.
- Business Visitor stream: for business people travelling to Australia for a short business visit. This includes going to a conference, negotiation or meeting. You must be outside Australia when you apply and when the visa is decided.
- Sponsored Family stream: for people travelling to Australia to visit their family. You must have a sponsor who might be requested to provide a bond. You must be outside Australia when you apply and when the visa is decided. You cannot apply for another visa while you are in Australia
- On a tour with a registered travel agent from the People’s Republic of China.
How to Apply for Visitor Visa (Subclass 600) Business stream Visa?
Online via ImmiAccount:- Australian High Commission and Australian Department of Immigration and Border Protection has started the Online Application for Visitor visa (subclass 600) for Indian nationals. To start an online application you will need to login to your ImmiAccount. If you do not have an ImmiAccount you will need to create one by given link https://online.immi.gov.au/lusc/login
Offline via VFSGlobal:- Applicants need to take appointment for submission of visa applications at all the Australia Visa Application Centres (AVACs) in India. Click here for more details.
Advantages of applying Online
- It is faster as you directly submit your visa application to Australian department of Home affairs. The processing times in online mode is between 5-8 business days (My visa was approved on the 5th business day itself). I assume that the processing time in offline mode through VFS would be somewhere around 10-15 business days.
- You don’t have to go In-person in order to apply for Visa application.
- The process is easy and safe.